Why quotes from Watership Down? Three reasons:
It’s profound – way more profound than you realize as a child, or maybe as a kid you do realize it but because your’e a kid you don’t know how to describe it quite right.
Oh the drama! Who knew being a bunny was so hard?
So without further ado!
5. “If you want to bless me you can bless my bottom, for it is sticking out of the hole.”
4. “We all have to meet our match sometime or other.”
3. “Human beings say, “It never rains but it pours.” This is not very apt, for it frequently does rain without pouring. The rabbits’ proverb is better expressed. They say, “One cloud feels lonely”: and indeed it is true that the sky will soon be overcast.”
2. “You know how you let yourself think that everything will be all right if you can only get to a certain place or do a certain thing. But when you get there you find it’s not that simple.”
1. “Animals don’t behave like men,’ he said. ‘If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill. But they don’t sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures’ lives and hurting them. They have dignity and animality.”